The summer season is upon us. It’s the perfect time of year to get together with friends and family. So when your backyard beckons for a party but your budget has its limits, consider these options that will leave your guests raving for days.
- Choose an outdoor venue. If you don’t have the space to host a party in your own backyard, use a friend’s backyard or take it to the park, the lake, or even the beach.
- Use electronic invitations. Paper is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. An electronic invitations website, such as Evite, offers a wide variety of designs and templates to choose from. Plus, you can send reminders and/or updates to your guests. Never worry again about running out of or getting stuck with a bunch of left over invitations that will sit in a bottom drawer for years to come.
- Plan your menu accordingly. If you belong to a wholesale club such as Costco or Sam’s Club, you have the ability to buy in bulk at great prices. If not, that’s okay too. A great way to find savings is to plan your party close to a holiday. There are always big sales at the grocery stores during those times. If you’re looking to feed a big crowd on a budget, try a pasta dish (warm or cold), seasonal fruit, barbeque, fresh vegetables and dip.
- Make your own decorations. There’s no need to spend a ton of money on decorations when you can make them yourself. Before you get scared off by this, check out some of the fantastic DIY decorating ideas on Pinterest. You’ll find everything from elegant to wacky. Most of them are very easy to do as well. Give yourself a chance and I bet they’ll turn out even better than anything you could possibly buy.
- Make your iPod the DJ. With today’s technology, you have more options than ever to create your own playlist. Best of all, it’ll play all your favorites!
Hosting a party can be everything you want it to be without the giant expense hanging over your head. All you have to do is think outside the box and enjoy yourself!
Category: Ways to Save Money